Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Edition - the possibility to remove and reinstall service components

Status
Not open for further replies.

George FA

Systems Engineer
Jan 30, 2023
RU
is anybody knows if it is possible to remove and than reinsatall solution componets like Media Manager or Voice Mail Pro without a comlete de-installation of the server?

I have a customer with Media Manager problem - this service does not start. I would like to remove it andf reinstall, even if recordings will be lost.

Is that possible?

Thanks derfloh, my issue is that after I remove package there is no option to reinstall. It just disappears from the menu

...and don't ever do that on a virtual system that hasn't ever been upgraded at least once.

The images used to create virtual servers don't include the library of original rpms used in non-virtual server installation. Thats done to keep the virtual server install images as small as possible.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

To be honest I'd forgotten until George FA mentioned the results (Too much trivia filed away to recall it all). But yes, the rpms can be dug out from the ISO file and then loaded using one of the options at the top of the Updates page.

I think the instructions for adding the rpms for the non-English TTS prompts are in the ballpark (
Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Ok, great tint, thank you for the link above, sizbut

But I forgot to ask - when I try to remove the package in Updates tab, here is the message I got:

"Error: MediaManager is needed by (installed) Primary-11.1.2000-237.el7.noarch"

I do not remener how but once I managed to overrirde this, probably by stopping a WatchDog, byt I am not sure.

Can you say what is correct way to remove services?

Probably you search for "CentOS reinstall package" with Google"

Wow! Impressive!

OK, I will play with this idea in my lab

And succeeded or not I will report results

that might be interesting for someone....

NOTES:
1. Take a backup of the Media Manager database.
2. Make sure Media Manager license is present
3. Here, we assume the Media Manager database is good.
4. If needed, restore the Media Manager database after reinstall
5. If the rpms are not in /var/cache/avaya/apps, you can obtain them from the ISO image for the version you are using and transfer them using WINSCP.
6. After reinstall, make sure the MediaManager service is started in WebControl and that it is set to start automatically upon reboot (checkbox)

UNINSTALL MEDIA MANAGER:
[root]# service mediamanager stop
[root]# rpm -e Primary
[root]# rpm -e MediaManager

REINSTALL MEDIA MANAGER:
[root]# cd /var/cache/avaya/apps
[root]# rpm -ivh MediaManager-11.0.4600-18.noarch.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
starting pre-install process
Database Already Present
1:MediaManager ########################################### [100%]
starting post install process
Adding user tomcat to group disk
Adding user tomcat to group cdrom
[root]# rpm -ivh Primary-11.0.4600-18.el6.noarch.rpm
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]1:primary ########################################### [100%]
[root]# service mediamanager start
Potsgres is already running
MediaManager server is starting
[root]# service mediamanager status
Media Manager is running
CPU Usage: 4.8 %, Memory Usage: 577480 KB, Uptime: 00:07

After reinstall, make sure the MediaManager service is started in WebControl and that it is set to start automatically upon reboot (checkbox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back