Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Edition Choppy Voice Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcallen03

Programmer
Sep 16, 2011
US
I have a Server Edition 8.1 upgraded to the latest release. I have been battling a choppy voice issue since we installed a month ago.

They are recording calls and archiving to Xima. I listened to some of the calls. Some choppiness is coming from callers dialing into a PRI connected to a BCM at a remote site then the call gets transferred out of the PRI to the IP Office at the site I am at via a PRI.

The other problem is someone will have a caller on the line. They want to transfer to another caller internally. When they do the announced transfer, the conversation between the two internal callers is choppy. Once transferred, the call is fine. So it is good before and after the transfer but not during the transfer. Can anyone explain this?

I used these settings but things did not change.
- Enable GSM Silence Suppression – System>Telephony>Tones & Music>GSM Silence Suppression.
- NoUser Source number CONFERENCE_DSP_TX_GAIN=-3
- Adjust the NLP comfort noise ceiling to be -55dB on the system VCM tab.
- And set VCM > Nonlinear Processor Mode to Silence.
- Reboot after saving these changes

Thanks

So this is how the call goes?

Pri -> BCM -> PRI -> IP500V2 -> H.323 -> Server edition.

Somewhere there is a problem for sure.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Here is how it goes:
PRI -> BCM -> PRI -> PSTN -> PRI -> IP500V2 -> H.323 -> Server edition.

I don't know if that is what you meant.
The sites are not linked together in any way.

Any thoughts on the choppiness on transfers?

Thanks.

have you disabled the Xima and tested same? just a thought with the recording... we had same with VMPro/Contact store at a site running SIP trunks. changed the similar db levels on the VCM as you've mentioned (as it creates a conference call in effect with a voicemail port to do the recording, at least my understanding of how it works?!)

I geuss you are using 96x1 series phones?

If so upgrade them:
Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back