Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server dropping logons

Status
Not open for further replies.

compdrmt

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
US
I have a strange problem which I have been trying to solve for some time.

every night within a two hour period logged on user lose all network connections. the internet still works but all shared drives and network resources are not available. If users log off and back on the resources are back and all is well.

I have already checked and there are no restrictions on login hours

Nothing is in sheduled task at this time.

This does not occur at the same time one night might be 6:30 and the next might be 7:07 etc.

Does not happen to all users but only a few work this late ussually.

Really interested in hearing any ideas even interesting guesses.

Thanks

Compdrmt

Debugging is the process of removing bugs. Programming is the process of putting them in.

It's worth checking your Power Management tab of the Network Card. Properties of Local Area Connection > Configure Button (Next to network card info). By default it's set to turn of to power save. This has caused us issues in the past with it not reconnecting after it shuts off. It should do but doesn't always seem to.

It'd be worth a look at your other power settings as well.

Steve G (MCSE / MCSA:Messaging)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back