Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server - disk space, messages

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
Where are the user messages stored on the CallPilot server? We partitioned the server into C: and D: drives. C: has plenty of free space, D: does not. Asking because getting ready to allow much more message forwarding (as .wav's), which means more users will likely be ignoring their mailboxes and letting them fill up. (I know the .wav's are not stored on the Pilot server, but the original messages are.)

Link to image of C:/D: drive folders is attached, if that helps.

Thanks!

I don't have a drive E:, and F: is an external USB backup for the system. Do you know what file type the voice volumes are so I can search for them? This is a 202i, 5.0. Win2003 Server OS.

Okay - scratch my previous post entirely.[nosmiley]
Callpilot stores the messages in proprietary MMFS (Multimedia File System) volumes.
Those volumes appear as files VS1V, VS1T and VS1B on the 202i server and are in the root of C: drive.
Larger systems will also have VS102 and VS103 files but they are found on the F: drive (at least on the 1005rp).

The problem is that it's not that easy to see how much space your messages are using unless you have Reporter.
Callpilot Administrator Guide NN44200-601 said:
Monitoring MMFS volumes involves waiting for alarms to be raised as available disk space becomes limited. You can, however, display or print reports on MMFS volume disk usage using
Reporter. These reports indicate disk space usage patterns, which can help you to plan a
strategy to deal with limited disk space.

At least you appear to be okay for now since the MMFS volumes are on drive C: in your case.

As far as the Message forwarding, there are options to mark the original message as read so that it can be deleted after x days. Or it can be immediately deleted when it gets forwarded.
There is also a Delete Unread messages option in the mailbox class that could be helpful.

Can you elaborate on this? There is also a Delete Unread messages option in the mailbox class that could be helpful.
I don't think I've ever seen this....wished for it, but have never found it.
Thanks!
30n30w

You should see it in the Mailbox Class settings under Resource Usage Cotrols.

Delete Read Voice Messages
Delete Read Fax Messages
Delete Unread Messages
Delete Unread Broadcast Messages

Each option can be selected and set for number of days.

Hmmm....I'm still on CP5.0 - maybe that come out in a later release? I've only got Delete Read and Delete Read Fax.
Thanks for the info...
30n30w

Apologies - it probably is a new option in 5.1.
I'm just full of bad advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back