Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server Crashes during backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob25

MIS
Apr 10, 2002
US
I am running a Small Business 2000 server with Arcserve 2000 and the Exchange agent. All current service packs and patches are applied.
When the backup starts, it gets about a minute into the job and then hangs the server. The only way out of this state is to do a hard reboot. Being as Exchange 2000 is running on this machine, hard reboots are very hard on the databases. There is nothing in any of the logs as to suggest why this is happening. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter.

Thanks,
Rob

Have you applied the patches to Arcserve and the Exchange agent? Go to the CA Web site, there's a patch, L085115 for Arcserve AE/WG (Advanced Edition/WorkGroup) that must be applied before running the new Exchange 2000 agent.

Check that out...I'll look back in to see.

Thanks for the reply. I guess what i missed there was the fact that Arcserve 2000 needs to be installed, then SP3 and THEN the exchange client. In that order. I will uninstall and reinstall everything and try it tonight and see if that fixes my problem. Thanks again for the help.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back