Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server can't find hard disk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sasti

Technical User
Oct 27, 2005
ES
Hello

I have brought a second hand IMB Netfinity 5600. I’m trying to install an operating system, but it’s impossible.

The server can’t find the hard disk.
The server has an Adaptec AIC-7897, I trying put his drivers but neither works.

Anybody cad help me please!!!!

Thank you very much!!

Sasti

If you boot the machine and go into the Ctrl-A and scan the scsi bus does it find the drive? If not then you have a raid card installed so look for ctrl-i when the machine boots up. If there is a raid card then you will need the servraid manager CD to configure the new drive before you can use it.

I am in the same rut as Sasti!!! I have a Netfinity 5500 8660-11U with two 9.1 hhd. When I purchased it already had 98 on it so I dumped the hard drive and went to put on nt4.0 server and it won't read the hard drives. I have been up and down the ibm download site and pulled up how to install this os, but I can't find the PC ServeRAID Config or Drvr/Util downloads. I feel with the instructions i have this process would be very simple, but I need that raid info. Can any one help Sasti and I??????

When you say it won't read the hard drives what do you mean? If it had 98 on it already I take it that it was working before you tried to install NT.

If you are doing a fresh install then you will need to press F6 and load the driver for the raid card.

Getting drivers and stuff for NT is going to be a bit of a challenge and IBM has a nasty habit of removing old files when a new release comes out but here is the list of drivers for this machine.

I find the solution for my case!!

The file 40k8542.iso

First: You made de cd with the iso
Second: put the cd in the server an there hard disk drives are installed and you configure the server raid.
3rd: put Windows Server, Red Had… an the process start

Thaks ibmtech65 !!!!!!! for your help

Sasti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back