Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server-based Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

wietersr

MIS
Apr 18, 1999
US
Visit site
I need a solution to forward mail from a mailbox on the server in USA to the recipient's other mailbox in italy. I've heard of server-based rules but don't know how to implement.<br>
<br>
I do not want to set up a custom recipient and the client rule won't help in this situation.<br>
<br>
Can any of you help?

Why don't you want to use a custom recipient? If it is because the custom recipient also appears in the Global Address List, that is easy to fix. <br>
<br>
1. Create the custom recipient.<br>
2. Under the recipient's Properties (under delivery options) point at the custom recipient.<br>
3. Under the custom recipient's properties (under advanced) use option to hide custom recipient from address book (GAL).

I did end up using the custom recipient--but wanted the solution using server-based rule simply because No one has ever been able to describe it to me. I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist. Thanks anyway Jeb!

For server based rules use the Tools / Rules wizard on Outlook or Tools / inbox assistant in Exchange client.<br>
You need to do this from the client with the mailbox opened that you want to forward.<br>
Create a rule that everything delivered to me will be forwarded to another address and can also be moved to the deleted items folder. The only catch is that someone will either have to open and close the mailbox periodially to delete the mail or use the &quot;clean mailbox&quot; option from the exchange administrator on the server.

Yeah Weitrsr,<br>
There is no mechanism for server-side scripting on exchange the doesn't include the client (you need an account for it)other than the standard routing tools for exchange. <p>Jim Collin<br><a href=mailto:Jim@collin.cc>Jim@collin.cc</a><br><a href= Technologies</a><br>Consumer Technology Integration<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back