Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2008R2 RAID controller issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey7244521

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2006
US
I have a Server running Server 2008R2 Enterprise with 80G RAM - 4 Drives in RAID 5 Array w/ 1 spare using LSI 9240-81.
Last week the server crashed with error message "Bad Patch" We tried to fix the issue but ended up formatting the server and re-installing everything from scratch. Since then the server has had a few issues with the RAID Controller timing out. I was able to duplicate the issue every time by running a backup. Backup Exec is installed on another server and the remote agent is used to backup this server. So i removed Backup Exec Agent did not have any additional issues until this moring - i get the following error in the event log "Controller ID: 0 Controller encountered a fatal error and was reset". This is the same error i was receiving when trying backup the server. I have verified all drives are optimal with no errors - RAID controller drivers & firmware are up to date - Windows updates are up to date - is the controller going bad? I have no entries in the RAID Controller log

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back