Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

server 2008 Digital signage dashboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

people3

Technical User
Feb 23, 2004
GB
HI,

We’re looking at some digital signage and would like to show some server status dashboards on it.(server 2008 and exchange 2007)

We would like to show if the server is up, CPU load, event logs

Where is the best place to start with this? I have found some programs searching around but are all separate applications so cannot be used in digital signage.

Any pointers would be great.

The limiting factor is going to be what your signs can support. Most places just use LCD screens to display info like this.

Any of the metrics that you're looking for can be easily pulled via WMI or similar calls. They key is getting those metrics into a format that you can use.

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

HI,

Thanks for the response,

The easiest way I can see me doing this is via a web page. The digital signage can display this fine.

I can take in feeds via XML, so if I could export CPU and memory usage to a XML file in real time I could do something with that.

Many Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back