Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2008 Blue Screen / Random Restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey7244521

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2006
US
I have a new server with fresh install of Server 2008 Standard x86 to replace old Server 2000 box. The server was installed and up and running at my office with all client data in place and no issues (no client access just running for updates and burn in). I delivered on site where a 3rd party was responsible to complete the conversion for the Cougar Mountain accounting software. For some reason this became a very problematic task and took approx 2 weeks to get accomplished and i never really have gotten an answer as to why. Now i have had the server randomly reboot from BSOD a few different times no particular time or task. It refers to Kernel_Mode_Exception 0X000008e parameter 1 0xc000005 - caused by driver G200eWD.dll. I have tried to research and find the cause but have been unable to ... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

It's most likely there is a bug in the driver. Have seen a couple of hits when googling BSOD followed by your .DLL name. Try checking to see if there is an updated driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back