Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2003 / IE8, can't access sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarzan

Programmer
Apr 22, 2003
US
I am having a very strange problem; I have two unrelated websites that I am unable to access on 2003 Terminal Servers via IE8. I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I tried this on three different terminal servers via IE8, and got the same problem.

However, using Firefox on those terminal servers, I get to those sites fine. It also works on XP with IE8. And it works fine on Win7 with IE10, Firefox, Chrome. Also, using 2003 / IE8, I seem to have no other problems, and the users did not report any problems browsing to other sites. In other words, only the combination of going to these 2 sites via Server 2003 and IE8 fails. Any ideas as to the cause?

That was the issue, KB 968730 fixed it for me. Surprised I hadn't encountered this problem before now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back