Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2003 DNS / Domain Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEyeTalon

Technical User
Apr 29, 2006
US
I am looking for some good tutorials on how to setup my 2003 server as a domain controller and DNS server on my internal network. I am running off of a cable modem and I am not looking to do anything but learn learn learn.

Mark Minasi's "Mastering Windows 2003 Server" book is a fantastic resource.

Also, I would recommend CBT training from It's great value for money and you will learn extremely quickly from them.

You could of course scour the web for resources but it's perhaps too fragmented to learn easily from.

How different is it from Server 2000? I have lots of Server 2000 MCSE books

Mark Minasi's book isn't really an MCSE book. It's written in a style that's really easy to take in what's going on with plenty of examples. His book is really just an upgrade to the Windows 2000 edition he wrote. However, he does cover all the new topics concerning Windows 2003 in depth.

Again, Trainsignal CBT training is some of the best i've come across and covers many of the MCSE topics - if that's your ultimate aim.

BTW, i'm not associated with Trainsignal in any way. I just find the quality to be of the highest order - especially the stuff presented by Scott Skinger.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back