Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2003, Access Databases, ASP websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

oakleeman

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2002
US
I am currently running Windows 2003 Server Advanced on a dual AMD 1Ghz CPU, 512MB ram system and am experiencing some problems with the websites that are driven by access databases. Bascially I have to reboot the server about once a week because all sites that are driven by access databases just quit responding. Websites hosted by me that are not tied to access databases in any way have no problems what ever. Then once I reboot the server, I have no problems with any of the sites for about another week or so.

It is my hopes to get these sites away from access databases and driven by SQL. I have WinMySQL installed rather than Microsoft's (long story, don't ask me why) and was told that I would be taught how to configure it. Well I have no clue how to configure it, but am needing to either fix the reboot problem or go ahead and get these databases switched over to SQL.

Any suggestions? The server is at a remote location 11 hrs from me, so everything has to be done remotely.

hi,
in the case you are running an antivirus app, disable the scriptblocking part (had this with NAV).

maybe this helps?

// Bart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back