Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2000 problems....need help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

webby01

MIS
Jun 11, 2003
IE
Hi there.
I hope someone can help me, I'm a novice when it comes to server 2000 so i apoligise for any stupid questions.

My server is running ADV Server 2000 SP3 which acts as the domain controller,the file and print server and Internet acccess is also through it. There are 2 win xp machines and 2 win 2000 machines hooked up to it. We keep losing connection to our shared drives and also lose access to the internet but i can still ping the server!!,this happens on average every couple of hours and requires a reboot of the server to regain network access again...
Does anyone know what would cause this type of behaviour??
We have recently upgreaded from NT4 where we had the same problem but it happened on a much more frequent basis !!

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Webby

I would scan for any virus first. any errors on event viewer? when losing the connection, try net share command on the server and net view \\servername on client and post the results here.

For more tips or information, go to

Robert Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Windows, Network and How to at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back