Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Server 2000 & Dial Up Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

gohard

Vendor
Jan 15, 2002
CA
Good Morning,

Tried to wade through the majority of posts, but have been unsuccessful in finding a direction to go...

Situation:

Small Business Server 2000
Hands out DHCP and DNS is setup (which may be the problem)
I can connect to the internet on the server, where the modem is located. depending on the gateway that i use in tcp/ip settings, I can ping any url and have it come back with the appropriate ip address but then say "destination unreachable".
Now, with all of this said... It has worked in the past and has been setup... the owner used a new dial up number, and so created a new dial up connection, leading to the havoc, which killed the dhcp scope, etc.
On the workstations, under the tools in internet explorer, it looks like they were using proxy server pointing to 10.0.0.2:8080. Is this something that ICS does? port 8080 that is. or something else?
Am going back on site to attempt to solve the problem, just wondering if anybody has a tested direction to go in... DSL is not an option ;)

Thanks.

Jaye

You say that it used to work on the old connection and now your new connection doesn't work. Maybe you need change your workstations default internet connections to the new setup.

back at the ranch....

Ok, so i have taken a much closer look and it seems they are running an ISA Server...
problems seem to be fixed... what a difference it makes when you have the right information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back