Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serve up another domains webpages

Status
Not open for further replies.

scat

Programmer
Aug 16, 2002
US
Is it possible to serve up another domain's web pages from my server. The 3rd party domain will only allow my webserver ip to access certain pages. I want to put links on my server that link to these pages. The problem is that I need my server to request the page and then serve it to the user so that the 3rd party server only sees my ip address and not the end user. A simple <a> tag only redirects them to the site so their server will reject his request. I'm using IIS on windows 2000 server.

If the 3rd party web server restricts acess by your server to certain pages only then the answer is &quot;no&quot;.

I can think of a few tricks to try to get round this, but they come under the heading of &quot;hacking&quot; and so are not worthy of repeating....

RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back