Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serious NTLDR & PXE issues with laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

recall5433

Technical User
Aug 8, 2008
US
Ok, I attempted to do a system recovery on a HP Tablet. It’s an hp notebook pc f5398-12002c Pavilion. Into the 3rd disk the system shut down. The DVD reader was not working so I was using an external HP CD-Writer. When I attempted to reboot I received the following message: NTLDR is compressed press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. I checked the forum and the thread advised to reinsert the CD and reboot. I changed the BIOS to look at the CD first and then the hard drive. And received the message again. I changed the BIOS to get to the boot agent and received PXE-E-61 / PXE-M0F Operating System not found. Now the laptop won’t read the external CD Writer. HELP??? Or is the laptop trashed?

You should ask this question in a PC forum rather than in the HP-UX forum as you are more likely to get a useful answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back