Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SERIAL TO USB ADAPTER FOR LAPTOP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxS87xX

Technical User
May 29, 2003
CZ
I appreciate the help.
I bought a SERIAL TO USB adapter form iConcepts for a blackberry to go to a laptop. The lapton isn't even recognizing the adapter. iConcepts for some reason doesnt have a website either, so i cant find a driver for it. I bought the piece from Compusa. Any suggestions?

I had the same problem when installing a 6210 w/ USB support. The laptop did not recognize the device. Opening device manager I saw that the 6210 or rather the USB device had a question mark. This confused me because I installed the software and followed the directions too a tee. I then opened the control panel and Add/Remove Hardware. Choose the option to add hardware and the system performed a search for new hardware. I saw the USB device aka 6210 blackberry listed in the hardware list and choose the device. Clicked next and choose option Have Disk and pointed to the cd drive where the 6210's 3.6 disk was located. Clicked next and it found the drivers that it needed and installed and recognized the blackberry. Hope answers your question. Please let me know if it works. We just completed a company wide blackberry.

Also in to the Desktop Manager Config. panel under Options, Connection Settings...Ensure you have "Enable USB-to-serial converter campatibility" box checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back