Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serial to Text Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawkz

Programmer
Oct 25, 2005
GB
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to convert information from a serial device in to the keyboard buffer?

Basically i have a text field on a web page and a serial barcode reader. When i scan in a barcode i want to be able to display the decoded information into the text field.

This could also display the decoded information in to wherever i have positioned the mouse curser if word document, calculator etc... can this be done? I can't afford a keyboard wedge barcode reader!

Regards,

Steve

Steve,
Check out ebay for keyboard wedges. You can pick one up for under $40. There was a post on here in this forum about a serial interface that one of the members completed. I think the KBW would be the way to go though. In fact, there is one on ebay, 12 min left for $17.18 and $11.82 for shipping.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back