Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

serial port redirection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

maykel

MIS
Dec 28, 2000
PH
I was wondering if somebody are familiar on how we can configure Unix so that the devices connected to the serial port of PR3000/TS (terminal server) are seen as local devices by the application on the UNIX server? Is there need of a third party app? We are planning to connect a remote serial printer on remote site and the port redirection strategy is needed for the remote serial port to emulate local ports on the UNIX (AIX) host.

What type of Term Server is it? Some have software called "truport" which you can load (e.g. Jetstream, see which makes the serial ports "native" to your system.
Others (Stallion) have software called tty_serv to monitor the ports, but you cannot send to the ports, but if you can I had absolutely no lcuk with this setup. Eventually swapped the TS for a Jetstream which does support AIX.

So , best advice is look at your TS software and their web site and see if they mention anything about AIX support software. Bar that I would think you are stuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back