Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serial number check

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinduboy14

Vendor
Mar 13, 2002
AU
hi all, is it possible to query your hp box for serial number of parts eg: hard disk, RAM etc.

Whenever i get a faulty part, HP support always ask for serial numbers and i do not have an inventory for the parts. how can i get this without of physically opening the box. thanks!

stm tells you everything. just start stm in ascii mode (which i prefer) or, with display exported, in motiv mode (which i hate). Then, select the hw path (with j/k as up/down keys and space to select/deselct items), then in the tools menu: information->information log. This log should give you everything: serial number, product number, firmware revision ....
Dont' try the rest of the tools section, though, if you are not completely shure of what you are doing.
have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back