Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serial Input Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

TMJ9779

Technical User
Jul 20, 2004
US
Help, for a while we have been clocking massive errors on a serial interface on a 2600 Router, we have four t1s going into WICs on the router, the timing config is:

s0/0 line source internal
s1/1 line source line
s2/2 line source internal
s3/3 primary

On the s0/0 we are clocking massive CRC and aborts on the interface. Please Help, we have had errors going to this interface for weeks now, and we got the time info per Cisco, if you can think of any other possible cause please advise.

The first place you should look for all serial input errors (by the way I'm assuming the errors are input and not output) is the local telco. Do you have some other way of checking to see if the erros are coming from the telco? I'm not sure if you are using internal or external CSU/DSUs. If external, hopefully it is advanced enough to tell you if you are receving errors coming from the telco.

We looped the CSU and got errors coming back to us. The timing has been adjusted as well to internal and line on both cards, the only distinguishing factor that I have observed on these interfaces (4 and only 1 clocking errors) is the way the packets are being processed, I don't know if it's because of the errors or what, but when I do sh int acc, i see that on all the other serial intfs, the packets are processed cdp and ip, on this particular interface I see packets processed other, so is that reflective of the errors or of some funky tfc coming from that interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back