Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Serial Date Conversion in PSQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbecker614

Technical User
Apr 4, 2005
US
I work with an application that uses a date format of the number of days passed since 01/01/0001.

Would any one know of the correct function to use to convert into a date through PSQL. I can do the conversion usind DateSerial after linked to MS SQL or MS Excel, but I was curious to see what the equivalent would be when creating a PSQL view from the Pervasive Control Center.

For Example, our application would store 732342. If I export into excel, I can subtract 693594 from it to get a value of 38748. This value represents the number of days since 01/01/1901. When formatted as a date in Excel it would then show correctly as 01/31/2006.

What version of PSQL are you using? There isn't a DateSerial function built into PSQL but if you are using v9 or later, you might be able to create your own function.

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

PSQL 9.

I think that I found the function:
TIMESTAMPADD ( SQL_TSI_DAY, "table name"."field.name", CONVERT('0001-01-01', SQL_TIMESTAMP) ) -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back