Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

serial console connect feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGVKID

Technical User
Jun 29, 2012
US
Hello folks;

I picked up several NBX100 items ((3 nbx100, 3 EPS, 2 voice processors and some phones) from an auction with the intent of using it in a small office environment. I do have a little bit of voip experience, but not w/3com.

They were suppose to be working pulls, but I find that; 1st- eps' have no ethernet connectivity and little/no console response. In fact the only thing I get at power up is "T Reset Complete" and thats it.

2nd the nbx100 doesnt seem to boot up; All Leds fast flash. (leds on analog line cards).

I havent even gotten to the voice processor. Not sure what I am missiing. I think I may have made a mistake on this system.

Does your NBX 100 have a 3C10110 Call Processor card? This is required for the system to function, and will provide you with console access to the NBX itself. I have never dealt with the EPS's, but my understanding is that their only function is to supply POE to the phones. If you can't get them to work you can always use power bricks to power the desk phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back