Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

serial communication with modem conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastermagrath

Technical User
May 21, 2004
US
I wonder can anyone help me. I have attached a 3G Mobile phone to my Pc via a serial usb connection. The modem is assigned to a com port and i can happily issue AT commmands to the phone via hyperterminal and cause it dial voice calls. However to set up a data call i have to use windows dial up after which i can pass packets to a remote server e.g. ping. The problem i have is in establishing simultaneous voice and packet. If i use the dial up to create a packet call i can no longer connect via hyperterminal to create a voice call, probably because the com port is now in use by th packet session. If i make a voice call with hyperterminal i can no longer create a packet call with dial up as again probably the com port is now in use by hyperterminal. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to access the com port by these two methods without getting this conflict.

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back