Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sequential reference in reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szigeti

Technical User
Mar 26, 2000
US
I am printing a report. The record source for the report is a query. I would like to start every row with a sequential reference number (The first row should start with a 1, the second row should start with a 2 and so on)

Will appreciate any help

I have decried this approach in hte past -and continue the campaign to loose the boorish and banal labeling. All I have ever received from such an attempt is GRIEF and paper. Once the !@#$!@#$### is on the report, disgruntled receipients will use it as a "REFERENCE" to what-EVER they desire to exercise their given right to the "whine and complain" option you rember, it is the one where all questions are directed to the IT guru who publlished it to begin with. In my opinion, inclulion of (arbitrary) reference information is almost the same as including your name, home address and toll-free phone number just above the statement "Feel free to call and abuse me at any time, ...".

MichaelRed
m.red@att.net

There is never time to do it right but there is always time to do it over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back