Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sequence generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpmINFO

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2004
US
I am facing this typical problem
I am using a sequence generator to generate a unique number. After a couple of sessions I tried the option "Reset" in sequence generator, and change the current value to 1. Now with these changes I tried my sesion again, my session is running for ever and I have to force abort the session each time. If i revert back , uncheck the "Reset" option, my session runs in 10 secs.
Can some one explain me why and what is the solution out of this.

If you open the log file while the session is running (and apparently not progressing anymore) where does the logging stop?

Are you on version 5 or 6?

A quick solution out of this (though no explanation) is to remove the sequence generator and replce with a new one. What happens then?

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

First of all the session is going on for ever may be beyong 7mins for 30 source records which is really impossible. Second I have even removed a sequence generator and added a new one.
Any better solution other then this?

How about letting know about version and the logfile? Did you bother to check if there are any write locks on the target (repository manager)

This is supposed to be a peer- to peer forum, not a paid-for support centre :(

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back