Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seperate Files by Page

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbuonocore

Programmer
Jul 7, 2010
US
I have a report with 4 separate pages. The first 2 are list reports using separate queries and in 2 separate pages sets to break on each student. The second two pages are using the same two queries as above to create labels for the students to use for a mailing. I would like the first two pages to be in one PDF file and the second two to be in a second PDF file (it can also be 4 separate files if necessary). Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? If it cannot be done in one report, can I create two reports that use the same query?

Thanks

Marco Buonocore
COGNOS Developer
eSchoolPLUS+ Support Team

If you want 2 seperate PDF files then create 2 reports! I do not know what you mean by same queries, but Cognos allows for copying queries between reports quite easily..

Ties Blom

Thanks Ties! I was really looking for a way to do this in one report to make it easier for the schools. I know I can copy queries, but being that it takes a little time for the caluclations to complete, intead of having them run it twice and wait I was looking for a single run.

If you allow for caching then the overall time will probably be a lot less then twice (the time) since results can be re-used. This should be the case for both DB and Cognos.
Cognos 10 has a new dynamic query mode that should even improve things further.

Ties Blom

The problem is thatwe are hosted by the company. We have limited acess to the actualy database. Also, we are only on COGNOS 8, and we only upgrade when the host company does. Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Marco Buonocore
COGNOS Developer
eSchoolPLUS+ Support Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back