Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

separation setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccamp

Technical User
Feb 12, 2003
US
hello-
I need to get into separation setup but for some reason it is not allowing me to. It is in "gray" under both the file and print menus. Is there something that could be enabled or disabled to fix this predicament??

What version of AI are you using? v9...v10...?

Also, on PC or Mac?

bob

You need to click on the 'Open PPD' (postscript printer description)button once inside the separation setup and then navigate to C:\Windows\system32\spool\ and find the .ppd that matches your printer. You make have to dig a couple of more folders deep but its in spool somewhere. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

actually, since you are on a mac, you will want to go into either the system folder or extensions folder...(I don't remember which...it's been a while since I've been on the Mac.) Anyway...it's in your printer descriptions folder. if you don't know where that is, do a search for printer in Sherlock.

Can you even get into the Separation setup window?

bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back