Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Separating web pages in Publisher 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ham

Technical User
Feb 23, 2000
US
I am using Microsoft Publisher 2003 to generate web pages. I want to set up a structure where an html file can link to another html in a subfolder, and then, of course, link back. It’s been a few years since I’ve done a web site. I used to do it with direct html coding. In the main html page I would have a statement like href=”/subfolder/index.htm”, and in the sub html document have a statement like href=”../index.htm”. Is there any way to accomplish this in Publisher 2003? The situation is I have a web site with a fair amount of text that will be changed fairly often. I also have a bunch of photos that I would like to not have to upload each time I change anything on the site. I would put the photos in the sub folder and access them with the sub html. Unfortunately, Publisher 2003 puts everything in one folder, and renames them. This makes it extremely difficult to skip uploading things that haven’t changed. I hope this makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated. – Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back