Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Separating manager meeting items from delegate

Status
Not open for further replies.

adrphibes

Technical User
Sep 16, 2005
US
Hello Forum, I have a client who is a delegate for her temporary supervisor.The supervisor has his email set up to send copies of any meeting related items to this delegate.We are on an exchange system and the clients are using Office 2010. So what we are trying to do here is configure a rule or some other solution that will separate the supervisor's meeting items and move them to a designated folder, and keep the delegate's email items in the inbox. Does anyone know a way to do this. I have tried different rules, and have tried to find a common denominator in the supervisor email that we can use to route them to a different folder, but none of them does what we are trying to do.
Again, when meeting items come into the supervisor mailbox, the delegate receives a copy of the same item. She just wants to find a way to separate those supervisor meeting items from her own incoming meeting item since they are both coming into her inbox.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

We are on an exchange system

forum10
forum858
forum955
forum1582
forum1733
forum1806

forum68

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

My mistake...I left out the details of our email system.We are on a MS Exchange 2010 Mail system, and all clients are using Outlook 2010 Std. Im just trying to create a rule on the Outlook 2010 Client that will separate the client's email from her supervisor when they come into her inbox..
Seems like it should be easy enough, but i cant seem to figure it out..
I thought maybe someone would know an easy way to do this.
At any rate, I will include the other forums in my search and see if i can find something.

Thanks

Still not especially an email issue, it's an Exchange, Outlook or MS Office question.

But you use filter rules, as that is their purpose.

Right click on the message -> then take your pick from the two or three options for creating rules.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back