Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Separate Date Range Parameters for main report and a crosstab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmccormic

Technical User
Feb 13, 2009
US
Hi There:

Is there a way to have a report show 1 date range of values in the mail report, then a separate date range for a crosstab? Essentially, I want to report on the current month's data, then have a crosstab in the footer with data for the last calendar year for comparison purposes. All other record selection criteria besides date range would be the same.

I can build the crosstab as a separate report and then insert it as a sub-report, I was just wondering if there was a simpler way to do so.

Regards,
Kara

I think the sub is the simplest method. You could potentially allow in the last full calendar year of data through the currentdate and then group on calendar year and suppress unwanted months in the currentyear (or use conditional formulas) and then suppress the unwanted crosstab in the current year (crosstab placed in the year group), but that is more twisted than necessary, and I don't think it would be any more efficient.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back