Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

separate company, line appearances, HGs and ringing. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fonedude

Vendor
Aug 20, 2001
US
I have an IPO 500 v2 with 6.1.5. I didn't set this up. I have an existing company with 6 lines squared. Line appearances all phones. This is ok.
I have a second company on the same IPO with 5 extensions and 2 lines. I have set up an ICR to ring a HG and overflow etc. My problem is when I put the line appearances on the phones, incoming calls ring all the 5 phones, not the phones in the HG. Is there a way to tell the IPO to follow ICR instead of button ringing? The line appearances are set to 707:99 and 708:99. Am I missing something?

Don't program line appearances
they are not needed.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

They want to be able to press the line button to dial out and to be able to pickup the call on hold on the line, like in a a squared system. Will "ringing line preference" or "idle line preference" do anything for me?

generally if you think you need an appearance key to achive a function on then IPO you are taking the wrong approach.

Taking your additional requirements into account:

1) change the og group ID on the lines for company 2.
set user short codes to dial out on the new line group (use user rights so it can be applied to users simply).
user simply dials out normally & the IPO will choose the right line

2) Use park keys, the users will not know or care about the difference they just press the button to park & press again (on their own phone or another) to retrieve.

So far I have not been able to come up with a single scenario that can only be archived with a Line appearance key on an IPO

That makes sense. Appearance, Appearance, Park 1, Park 2. TYVM. I hate IPO squared. I have never done the user short code in user rights. So if I want to grab the second companies trunk group with an 8. Can you tell me what the feature is?

copy the main ARS, change name, change line group ID's for all lines in ARS to use line group 2 (or whatever LG ID is assigned to their lines).

Create user SC
9N
Dial
N
Line Group ID: 51:Main2 or whatever.

If you create a user right with the second company name, built the user SC there, and apply that user right to the appropriate user, it works.

If you build a new 8N SC as a system short code, the problem becomes that anyone can dial 8N and use company B's lines, or 9N to dial company A's lines.

Much better to use 9N across the board and use user SC's on one set of users to drive calls to the right lines.

GB

phonedude, Shortcodes in all of the various places are the key to the IPO.
if you haven't started to use them fully yet then it will be well worth your time to take a basic IPO course.

Once you have found your feet you will begin to see what the IPO can really achieve when correctly configured
trying to configure as a BCM or Norstar will only end in tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back