Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SEO and Link Pages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4ghg

Technical User
Dec 25, 2001
US
I am setting up a dynamic links page with PHP and a flat file database. Does anybody know if this would impact my search engine rankings because the bots will not be able to identify the link pages. If this has no impact to me becaues the bots are only interested in links coming in, would folks want to trade with me because their link would be on a dynamic pages? Thanks... Ronnie

Whether the page is static HTML or generated with PHP and a database, it still gets served to browser as an HTML page. Unless you have prevented the bot from reading the page it will be unaware of whether the page is static or dynamic.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Thanks, so if I understand correctly, if I have a page link.php, which pulls urls from a flat file, the search engine will read the urls as links (even though they reside in a txt file).

It's simple to check - just do a <view source> on the page in question. You will see that it is (or should be!) straight HTML.

If you want the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first.
'If we're supposed to work in Hex, why have we only got A fingers?'
Drive a Steam Roller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back