Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sent Items Folder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliann95

Technical User
Oct 11, 2002
US
I have an employee using Outlook 2000 with a Windows 98 machine. Whenever she sends an email it does not get copied into her Sent Items Folder. I've made sure all the right boxes are checked for this to happen and for some reason it's not. She worked on saturday and says she did something but can't remember what. Her sent items are completely gone and now they are not saving there either??? Any ideas???
[sunshine]

By any chance did they change the location of where the mail gets delivered? In other words is the mail still getting delivered to the Exchange mailbox or did she change it to deliver to a personal folder? joegz
"Sometimes you just need to find out what it's not first to figure out what it is."

I have checked again on the particular computer and she hasn't changed anything from the exhange server paths. I tried setting up a rule just as a temporary fix, which works fine. The messages go to the sent items folder. HOWEVER when you click on the message and "Mark it as READ" the message dissappears. It's not in the deleted items folder or anywhere. I've searched and once this message is marked as read it is just completely gone? I'm baffled. This person says it is something she did but she can't remember what it was?
[morning]

Ensure that, in the Sent Items folder, the View - Current View isn't set to "Unread Messages". If it is...poof, read messages disappear.

Dave

Just ran across the same thing where sent items where not showing up and it was because the current view was set to unread messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back