Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SendUsing configuration value is invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

shopwise

Technical User
Sep 22, 2008
US
when attempting to send an email from a webpage using the below code, I am now prompted with an error message which reads:

CDO.Message.1 error '80040220'
The "SendUsing" configuration value is invalid.
/customer_locator/send_email.asp, line 15

This has not occurred before and there was no coding change done to this webpage. Line 15 of this page reads:
myMail.Send

<%
Set myMail=CreateObject("CDO.Message")
myMail.Subject="Canada Chair"
myMail.From="info@CanChair.com"
If Request.Form("Email") <>"" Then
myMail.To=Request.Form("Email")
Else
myMail.To=Session("SoldToEmail")
End If
'myMail.Cc="info@chairstables.com"
myMail.CreateMHTMLBody "myMail.Send
set myMail=nothing
%>

try building your qry first and then appending it

Code:
<%
qry = "PostalCode=" & Session("PostalCode") & "&Contact=" & Session("Contact") & "&frmRadius=" & Session("radius") & "&Hide=Yes&Industry=" & Session("Industry") & "&VendorPartNumber=" & Session("VendorPartNumber")  & ""
myMail.CreateMHTMLBody "[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.canchair.com/customer_locator/processform.asp?"[/URL] & qry
%>

If that doesn't work, try one of the other formats from W3Schools:

--------
GOOGLE is a great resource to find answers to questions like "how do i..."

If you don't know exaclty what you want to do or what to search on, try Google Suggest: --------
I have recently been semi-converted to ensuring all my code (well most of it) works in both javascript and non-javasc

can you post here how you corrected/updated the code to get it to work? i'm having the same problem with send.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back