Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SendObject to send report to Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimSzrejter

Programmer
Feb 13, 2001
US
I have an Action Form in my application that I want a user to be able to fill out. After filling out the user clicks on an email button which calls a SendObject action to email a report to a particular person. The report is referencing the fields that were filled out on the form. My problem is, one of the fields on the form is a text box where the description of a problem is to be filled out. When I send the report, which is referencing this text box on the form by setting the control source of a text box on the report to the text box on the form, the email is sent to the particular person but it will only display so much text from the text box and truncate the rest off if it goes beyond a certain length(about 2 paragraphs).

If I do a DoCmd.OpenReport on this particular report, the report will show the entire length of text not truncated. Only when I send this to an email which converts the report into a RTF does it get truncated.

I would like to know if there is a way to send the report to an email and not truncate the text box.

Use the sendobject method and send the report in sanpshot format. This will send your report as a .snp attachment and keep all the formatting charateristics of your report intact. Your report will be sent as an file attached to an email. Snapshot viewer will need to be installed on the users computer wishing to view the report.

snapshot viewer is available from microsoft free of charge.

This can be doing in visual basic or by creating a macro.

For more help search for sendobject in MS Access help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back