Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sendobject previews email in Win2000!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBG

Programmer
Oct 22, 2001
US
Hello Access 97 experts,

I am utilizing the SendObject method in my replicated/split Access 97 db:

Code:
DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "rptEmailCO", acFormatHTML, strEmailString, , , strSubject, strMessage, False

to email an HTML-formatted report.

My db is being used on Win95, NT, and Win2000 platforms which all have Outlook 2000 SR-1. Suddenly, on several Win2000 machines (and of course, they happen to be used by senior managers), when referencing the above line of code, the email is going into preview mode (and, BTW, with no TO address recipients).

But, and here is the issue, the last argument in the docmd line, known as "editmessage" should prevent preview as it is set to FALSE.

BTW, I have looked extensivly at our Outlook security measures and none should have any impact on the editmessage argument. Further, the emails are being sent properly on most other machines (non-Win2000).

Does anyone know why or how the preview argument in the DoCmd line is being overridden? I am desperate as the emails need to be sent "behind-the scenes" for efficiency purposes. And our company is moving to a standardized Win2000 platform so I anticipate more dread :(

Thanks!

JBG

I think the problem is with strEmailString (that should contain the recipient address). If this string is empty, the email pops up in Preview mode (even if you choose FALSE attribute in command line).

Dang, you know, I think you are correct. i am going to check on this and will let ya know.

Thanks a ton.

Jeff

You were absouletly correct. Ill skip the long story, but the sound you hear in the backround is me kicking myself.

Ill be done in an hour or so, and then I can resume making dumb coding mistakes.

Thank you very much for your help.

JBG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back