Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SendObject on MS Access....

Status
Not open for further replies.

qmacg

Technical User
Aug 20, 2001
US
Hello, it's probably something simple, but I can't figure out why the MS Access SendObject does not allow me to move around in Access until I either send the new email or close out the new email window. I prefer to use the SendObject method instead of using the Outlook code in VBA because the user's machine may have Lotus Notes, MS Outlook or any other email program that may come along. This occurs whether or not I use the True, False indicator on the last parameter of the SendObject method. Any help would be appreciated.

From memory, the new outlook window becomes a modal window of access - i.e all code is paused until you complete it.

If this is an issue, consider using outlook automation instead - this gives more control, and will allow you to retun to access as soon as the new message is created.

SeeThru
Synergy Connections Ltd - Telemarketing Services

I wanted to avoid Outlook's automation, but I guess I have to at this point. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back