Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SendObject in a scheduled task

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

Programmer
Jun 14, 1999
IT
I've developed an Access 2000 subroutine for sending e-mail by SendObject function, using MAPI and Outlook Express 6 as mapi client.
Environment is Windows 2000 Server.
My target is sending e-mail nightly, so I created a macro launching subrouting and I wrapped all in a .bat file, which has been scheduled for running every night.
The scheduled task has executed as an user with "local administrator" profile.
This user has a "default account" in Outlook express that don't need any interactive input for sending e-mail

This procedure runs fine if the user executing task is logged on Windows 2000 console.
Instead, if no user is logged on or another user is logged on console, task remains in "running" state, without sending e-mail.

I try a lot of experiment (as creating correct Outlook express &quot;default account&quot; for the other users and also for &quot;default user&quot; of Windows 2000) but nothing: always hanged in &quot;running&quot; stated, if conditions above are not respected >:-<.

Anyone could help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back