Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SendObject Attachment Problem in Access 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

OracleRenegade

Programmer
Dec 12, 2008
GB
Hi,

I am using Access 97 (no choice here - so please don't recommend upgrading!) and attempting to send a report via e-mail in a loop using module code (see below)

All works okay EXCEPT when I set the last parameter to FALSE to not edit the e-mail before sending - then the result is a zero KB attachment, BUT, with all other things the same TRUE (edit the mail) works as it should...

Any ideas anyone??

Private Sub mailloop_Click()
On Error GoTo Err_mailloop_Click

Dim stDocName As String

Dim vEmailAddress As String

Dim accountsToMail As Integer

DoCmd.GoToRecord , "", acFirst

stDocName = "NHS Single Debtor Statement"
Rem DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "NHS Single Debtor Statement",
Rem acFormatXLS after NHS Single Debtor Statement

Let accountsToMail = DLookup("[Total]", "AccountsToMailCount", 1 = 1)

For i = 1 To accountsToMail

Let vEmailAddress = DLookup("[EmailAddress]", "LookupEmailAddress", 1 = 1)

DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "NHS Debtor Statements", acFormatXLS, vEmailAddress, , , "NHS Debtor Statement from Leeds Teaching Hospitals", "Please see attached", True

DoCmd.GoToRecord , "", acNext

Next i

DoCmd.GoToRecord , "", acFirst

Exit_mailloop_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_mailloop_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_mailloop_Click

End Sub

Have not seen this one before....

Couple of things to try:

Try adding a doevents to give outlook a chance to complete the processing before mong to the next record:

Code:
DoCmd.SendObject acReport, "NHS Debtor  Statements", acFormatXLS, vEmailAddress, , , "NHS Debtor Statement from Leeds Teaching Hospitals", "Please see attached", True
DoEvents        
DoCmd.GoToRecord , "", acNext

if this does not work, look into ouutlook automation - it gives far better control over outlook, and I am sure that would work.

Out of interest, your code seems to send exacltly the same report to everyone: generally, so send filtered versions of the report to different people, open the report first with a where claise, and then send it, then close the report before looping.

SeeThru
Synergy Connections Ltd - Telemarketing Services

Thanks for that..

I found the problem was with the client machine I was on - the code works fine on another desktop - but adding the final , false to the use of SendObject - helped also...

BTW - my report is coordinated to the form by means of a condition on the report which references the corresponding value in the form - so they all get a different report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back