Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sendng commands to IS3000, schedulled... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarsenDK

Programmer
Nov 8, 2005
FR
Hi
I need a progran vhich can send a command string to a IS3000 via v24 on a given time and date and follow a schedule.
Does anyone know about this, is does not have to be freeware..., but I do not want to buy a MM@net appl.

Regrads Jan

you don't need extra software just simple via a batchjob.

<CREFIL:<FILE>;
<SUBJOB:[<COMMAND-FILE>],[<LOG-FILE>],[<DATE>],[<TIME>],[<UNIT>];

Hi kutje.
Thanks for Your answer, but the problem is that if it stops, it does not start it self again. And I need to run a job everyday weekday in th emorning and in the evening and no jobs in th eweekend, and a job on every hollyday.
I think that I will get too many scriptfiles to keep track, but maybe it could work out.

Regards Jan

Hi Jan.

You can reschedule your job for the next day by putting the command in your batchjob. (subjob)
For date fill in +1 for the next day.

For the weekend make another job that executes just after the one in the morning ( same job jou use for the evening )

This way you have a nice working day schedule.

For the holidays it is maybe a bit much work.

Greeting
cd6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back