Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sendmail taking too much space

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaancho12

Technical User
Feb 22, 2005
my linux machine has been really slow today and after running "top" command i saw that "sendmail" program was taking too much of memory...is there a way to check what sendmail is doing?? or what message it is trying to send out???
thanks
ko12

actually sendmail wasnt the one taking too much space---top showed "php" taking too much CPU ..it wasnt using as much memory but it has been running for the past 2 hours and i am not sure why?? is there a way to check what php is trying to do?? (maybe i should check the httpd log)
thanks
ko12

You may want to try a simple 'kill -HUP' of the php process to see if that resolves your problem. Could be that someone was attempting to break into your system using a php bug and put your process into an infinite loop. In theory, the HUP will kill the current process and restart php for you.

pansophic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back