Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sendmail showing (+OK message queued for delivery.) but not delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.

csgonan

MIS
May 2, 2007
US
Hi,

I'm running sendmail 8.14.4+Sun/8.14.4 on Solaris 10 box which is a relay server for another solaris 10 sendmail 8.14.4+Sun/8.14.4 server. I do not use a smarthost on the relay server in the sendmail.cf. There are no lingering entries in my mailq on the relay or originating server.

A log entry from the relay server shows (+OK message queued for delivery.) and it shows the proper target mail server IP and hostname at the recipients location, but some of the messages are bouncing back from the destination server with "No such recipient". We see these entries in a bounceback email account we have.

Does sendmail only check connectivity to the target server or does it check if the TO address is a valid recipient? How can I see the bouncebacks or have sendmail check for a valid recipient first?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back