Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sendmail rewite rule question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1215

Technical User
Sep 26, 2003
US
Hello Forum,

I have a question about sendmail rewrite rules and if it can help me with an email problem I am having.

I have a program that acts as a mail client and sends emails to localhost which sendmail (running locally) then atempts delivery to the specified mail domain. My problem is that when an email is sent to more than one recipient (as defined in the rcpt to: field) sendmail fails to deliver because of improper formating for multiple recipients.

So for example a multi-addresses email rcpt to: field would look like this john.doe@nowhere.com;jane.doe@somewhere.org

The local mail server seems to think that both addresses are one address and gives me a Unknown User error or the connection gets reset....how ever the remote mail server deals with this situation.

So I know in RuleSet-3 of the sedmail.cf file is where conversions would probably take place but because I'm not fluent in rewrite rules I'm at a loss.

Does anyone know what rule I could use to fix this problem?

Any tips suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
T-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back