Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sendmail Queues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bazcurtis

Technical User
Jul 11, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have setup Sendmail on my Mac OS 10.2.2 machine. It is working fine, but we wanted to check out where mails that couldn't be sent would be kept.

We thought it was in /private/var/spool/mqueue, but we have nothing there. We should have 5 emails waiting to go.

Can anyone tell me where they maybe. Sorry I can't find out which version I am running as I say I am running Mac OS X 10.2.2.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Best wishes

Michael Curtis

Some more information.

We have done a sendmail -bp and sent a big email and seen that it does go through this queue. We have removed all DNS entries so that the mail can't leave the machine.

The mqueue then empties and we can't find where the email has gone! Does anyone know where failed emails are put.

Best wishes

Michael

Hi Michael,

maybe your mails returned in a bounce (as they should after a time if sendmail was unable to deliver).

If it was sent by a local user, have a look into /private/var/spool/clientmqueue or /var/spool/clientmqueue.

It might be helpful to drop some lines of your sendmail log
here.

Tilli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back