Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sendmail Problem (Guru Needed!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguy

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2000
US
I'm having a weird sendmail problem. I'm running it on RH 7.2 just FYI. Anyway, here's my current mail situation. Right now, everyone @mydomain.com has to use the ISP as a POP3 to get their mail (this is on a windows network (they use Outlook/OL Express to get their mial) for email). My linux server, however, runs in a DMZ and is basically just a web server. I do have some CGI scripts and such that run and process forms. Once a form is submitted, it is supposed to email someone@mydomain.com the data. As far as sendmail is concerned, it can send mail to anyone on the internet but someone here! Very strange! Say, I send a mail using PINE or something like that to me@yahoo.com, it gets there! However, when I send a mial to me@mydomain.com, I get unable to deliver message. What do I need to do in order for this server to send mail to the internet and then hit my ISP's mailserver and then allow POP3 clients to pull from ISP??? (Remember, all i need the sendmail server to do is send out. We are using the ISP for the registered email @mydomain.com). Please advise!!

J. Joe W. Guy
Network Admin
MIS Director

I'm no guru, particularly because I'm not sure how to do this from config files (I still use linuxconf for Sendmail config, though I rarely touch it for anything else...), but I think you need the ISP listed as your mail relay...
Matt
matt@paperlove.org
If I can help, I will.

This may be the sendmail.cf line in question...

# "Smart" relay host (may be null)
DS

Looking at a NetBSD box now though, whose Sendmail config I've never even fooled with...

Suppose you could put your ISP after DS and give it a try...? (DSyourisp.com) Matt
matt@paperlove.org
If I can help, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back