Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sendmail issues with local domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuanpicto

Programmer
May 27, 2005
GB
Hi

We have a situation where we have a webserver that sends out emails from a donotreply@domain.com to our users. When we try and send emails to any that works for my company via the same system for instance I am a user on the website and i want an information emails sent to me it is coming from donotreply@domain.com and going to shaun@domain.com. The problem is that sendmail is trying to authenticate with our mail server to send this email to me.

Emails to other address other than our own domain our fine. Is there a configuration change i have to make? I have tried setting up AuthInfo but all my emails were just set to (deferred) which i believe is because it is not authenticating.

Any help with this woul be greatly appreciated.

Shaun

It seems like your script is trying to send via smtp rather than through sendmail directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back