Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sendmail Externally (mailx/sendmail)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Germo

Technical User
Mar 29, 2004
GB
Hello,

My knowledge of sendmail/mailx is quite limited and that is why I have come to the font of all knowlegde Tek-Tips.... :0)

I am trying to get the mailx command to send out a mail externally from our company but displaying a different from address. At the moment it sends out internal mail with a from address of mail@hostname12.uk.com but I would like it to send it out as a "from mail@fredbloggs.uk.com" (I don't work for a company called Fred Bloggs by the way), the reason my mails get undelevered externally so our SMTP Backbone team say is because the hostname12.uk.com isn't a registered domian and to get it delievered externally it has to have a registered "from" address..... Whether thats correct or not I don't know, so any help would be great in getting mailx to have a different "from" address.
Thank You All

look at
Code:
MASQUERADE_AS
MASQUERADE_DOMAIN
and also look at
Code:
genericstable
genericsdomain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search