Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sendmail emulation layer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowLAN

Technical User
Feb 10, 2010
US
Can anyone direct me so I can find information on sendmail emulation layer? I want to know what it is and what it does.

I searxhed but found nothing.

Thank you

Hmmm, from doing a google search of the term in quotes, it brought up many pages for LPI (linux certification). Yes, I see what you are saying that it requires an understanding of sendmail emulation layer commands in the section on configuring an MTA.

I think this is referring to the concept that most of the MTA programs have a compatibility with sendmail - or rather sendmail emulation. The obvious answer to your question would be to open a terminal and type man sendmail. Unfortunately, when I did this, it directed me to Citadel as a sendmail replacement, which I don't have doc pages for.

So that would be my suggestion, see if you can find documentation on sendmail, or failing that Citadel mail and make sure you understand the command line interface for sendmail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back